Your Community Care Provider for Mental Health
Flourishing Minds Clinic is a safe space within the community for your mental health care and well-being. Bringing together evidence-based approaches with culturally sensitive care, our focus is on YOU as our client, and we aim to provide accessible mental health care.
Our multidisciplinary, culturally diverse team of mental health professionals are passionate about what we do. We provide individualised, high-quality care to help individuals, families, and organisations heal, grow, and flourish.
Together we create Flourishing Minds!
Creating Safe Spaces
Talk about Mental Health
We provide support for clients across age groups and life stages. Our practitioners are trained in a wide range of therapeutic tools & methodologies to facilitate the client’s flourishing.
We provide community-based outpatient care for children and families, young adults, adults, and older adults. Additionally, we provide formal psychological evaluations, psychotherapy and counselling, psychiatric services, pre-marital and marital relationship counselling, art therapy, trauma-based therapy, and other psychological services serving the needs of communities, schools, universities, and organisations. We also provide Intensive Outpatient Programs for adolescents and adults.
Hear from our clients
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the clinic set to open?
Psychiatry or Psychology?
Emergency contacts in Qatar?
Frequently Asked Questions
What mental health services does Flourishing Minds Clinic provide?
Is there an ideal client?
What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?
What should I do if I am in a crisis and need urgent attention?
Our opening hours are from Sunday to Thursday and Saturdays, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. If you feel you are in crisis between these hours, you may contact our Clinic Coordinator to get an advisement from your treating specialist. If you have an urgent need after hours that can’t wait until the next business day, please go to your nearest healthcare provider for evaluation and advisement.
How do I make an appointment and is a referral required?
How do I choose a therapist?
It is quite hard to pin down what makes up a competent therapist; the latest studies suggest a few areas to consider when assessing if specific therapist is a good fit and a skilled specialist.
Listed hereafter is a few aspects to keep in mind:
- good active listening and communication skills in general,
- proficiency in rapport building, skillfulness in exploration and normalisation of difficult feelings,
- capacity to show empathy,
- genuine care and warmth,
- excellence in assessment and holistic approach,
- competency in collaborative goal setting,
- proficiency in problem formulation,
- solution generation, and
- intervention delivery.
In a multicultural setting, it is also good to keep in mind that your therapist abides by relevant local regulations and that they are offering culturally sensitive services.
How and where will therapy take place?
What days and times is Flourishing Minds Clinic open?
Do you offer your services online?
What happens in a therapy session?
How will I feel after a therapy session?
Most people who participate in psychotherapy experience some benefits as it improves emotional and behavioural functioning and positively affects the brain and body. Actively involved in your sessions will benefit you and help you reframe your thoughts, feelings and/or behaviour. It is quite normal to experience discomfort or strong feelings of sadness, anger, fear, worry etc., while remembering or talking about unpleasant events, thoughts and related feelings. You can discuss your feelings with your treatment specialist in such cases.
How is my confidentiality protected?
Information shared with us, within sessions, and in the written record of your file are confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone without your written permission unless:
- it is required by law and/or is allowed by court order,
- the disclosure is required due to an emergency or there is a concern with regard to your personal safety or that of others.
In either case, the clinician will inform you if he/she has to put the above exceptions into effect.
When and how will I be charged for sessions?
What happens when I want to cancel a scheduled session?
How much does therapy cost?
What options do I have if I cannot afford therapy at full cost?
We believe in accessible mental health care for all and offer sliding-scale therapy and other therapeutic alternatives to support you. We would be happy to discuss this on a case-to-case basis.
- What is sliding scale therapy?
Sliding-scale therapy is a flexible fee structure that provides an option to make therapy more affordable for people with a limited income. Sliding rates are based on factors such as: income, number of dependents, and other factors such as disability, chronic illness, or temporary unemployment. This would be for a limited number of sessions and is subject to management approval.
- What other alternatives are available?
Group therapy and support groups may be an option.
- Group therapy is a therapeutic approach that brings together individuals dealing with similar challenges/conditions. Each session is facilitated by our licensed psychologists, counselors, or therapists with experience in relevant fields who would lead, plan schedules and organize the group activities. There may be a waiting period as we would need to form a group based on individuals who are suitable and willing to engage in group therapy.
- Support groups brings together individuals who are experiencing or have experienced similar challenges. These groups may not always be led by a licensed clinician as the objective is to gain support, find ways to cope, and have a shared experience. There may be a waiting period as we would need to form a support group based on similar experiences/themes.
Do you accept insurance as payment?
Get In Touch
We are here to help.
Whether you have questions about our services, want to share your feedback or a success story, have a media inquiry or are seeking more information on a training or job opportunity, contact us today for assistance and support.